We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated support worker to join our team which accommodates homeless men in the Derby area. If you want to put your gifts and passion towards something truly meaningful, this is the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
Strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
Continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
Increased meaningful activity of residents
Our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
1. Experience of working in a supported housing or social care setting is preferred.
2. Comfortable working within a Christian environment and respectful of its beliefs.
3. Experience of working with adults with support needs preferred.
4. Successful enhanced DBS disclosure is essential for this role.
5. The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
6. The ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
A successful candidate will participate and contribute to the spirituality of Green Pastures. For this reason, it is an occupational requirement that the successful applicant is a practicing Christian (Equalities Act 2010).
Please send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please email them to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
The role demands a non-judgemental approach. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and must be adhered to in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.