We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our team. You will directly impact upon the lives of homeless individuals as you facilitate our work through administration duties and support residents in their day-to-day lives. If you want to put your gifts and passion towards something truly meaningful, this is the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
Strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
Continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
Increased meaningful activity of residents
Our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
1. Provide a high quality, effective, sensitive, and appropriate support service to people aged 18 and upwards who have a housing support need
2. Provide the necessary support to enable people to maximise their potential and enable them to as live as independently as possible
3. Provide a safe and secure environment for residents
4. A “can do” team culture, founded upon the principles of trust, integrity, good communications and mutual respect
1. Experience of working with vulnerable persons in social care or support environment
2. A relevant NVQ3/ or equivalent, or willingness to study for such
3. Experience of the service user group - (Desirable)
4. Good written and verbal communication skills
5. Good administrative skills and experience in the use of Microsoft office
6. Experience of working within a team (Preferable)
7. Good interpersonal and organisational skills
8. Ability to respond to a changing environment
9. Ability to maintain clear and accurate records
10. Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
11. Ability to assist in all areas of Housing Management and Tenancy Support
12. Be able to show God’s love in action as an outworking of personal Christian faith
To apply, please click this link to request your Application Pack. On completion of this form you will be sent the application form. Please email your completed form, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
The role demands a non-judgemental approach. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and must be adhered to in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.