We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our Accounts team. Your work will be integral to the running of Green Pastures as you use your eye for detail to manage the sales ledger and support the finance team. If you want to put your accounting proficiencies towards the goal of ending homelessness in the UK, this could be the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £40 million in investment, 80+ partners and more than 1300 people currently housed. Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
● To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
● To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
● To have strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
● To see continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
● To have increased meaningful activity of residents
● To facilitate our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
● Overall management of Landlord Vision (online rental management software)
● Import of rental charges from Landlord Vision into Sage Line 50 (daily)
● Import of tenant receipts from Sage Line 50 into Landlord Vision (daily)
● Review of all newly created tenancies created on Landlord Vision to ensure accuracy
● Analysis and reporting of rental debts into separate specific categories
● KPI reporting to departmental manager/ the Board of directors
● Managing upcoming rent reviews to ensure staff undertake them at the correct times
● Assisting with credit control
● Review of sales ledger systems to help improve efficiency throughout
● Is PC literate, with the ability to use Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel, to a good standard
● Utilises good literacy and numeracy skills
● Has the ability to pick up and learn new software
● Has the ability to adhere to deadlines and deliver required information in a timely manner
● Is a good communicator
● Utilises excellent organisational skills
● Has the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to deadlines
● Is a team player
● Has excellent attention to detail
● Has the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
● Has previous experience working with SAGE 50 Accounts (desirable)
● Has experience of working within a Finance department (desirable)
● Has a flexible approach to workload and tasks dependent upon departmental requirements at the time
● Has a keen desire to learn and develop new skills
● Operates with a good team ethic
This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks may be added from time to time.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. We look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will take place in October.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.