We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our team. You will directly impact upon the lives of homeless individuals as you facilitate our work through administration duties and support residents in their day-to-day lives. If you want to put your gifts and passion towards something truly meaningful, this is the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
Strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
Continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
Increased meaningful activity of residents
Our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
1.Responsible for the operational management of 22 flats located over three sites. Fourteen of the tenancies are designated supported housing for homeless people
2. All aspects of housing management and tenancy support
3. The line management of and supervision of a staff team of four
4. Developing and fostering a “can do” team culture, founded upon the principles of trust, integrity, good communications and mutual respect
1. Experience of working in supported housing environment
2. An NVQ3/HND or equivalent containing supervision or management Housing theory and practice
3. Management qualification e.g., NVQ5 or equivalent in management or considerable management experience 5 years minimum
4. Experience of the service user group
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Good administrative skills and experience in the use of Microsoft office
7. Experience of working within a team
8. Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
9. Ability to respond to a changing environment
10. Ability to maintain clear and accurate records
11. Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
12. Experience of managing rent accounts and maximizing rental income
13. Knowledge of current legislation regarding regulation of care and protection of vulnerable adults and Housing Legislation
14. Be able to show God’s love in action as an outworking of personal Christian faith
To apply, please click this link to request your Application Pack. On completion of this form you will be sent the application form. Please email your completed form, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
The role demands a non-judgemental approach. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and must be adhered to in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.