We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated housekeeper to join our team which accommodates homeless men in the Derby area. If you want to put your gifts and passion towards something truly meaningful, this is the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
1. Prepare and maintain weekly cleaning rota, ensuring the residents are equipped and carrying out their duties.
2. To oversee the cooking rota and ensure all displayed menus and meal information throughout the home is correct and up to date.
3. To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
4. To ensure that all food, cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
5. To ensure adequate and timely stock takes and food rotation is carried out.
6. To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
7. To implement and maintain cleaning schedules for the entire home and ensure that they are adhered too.
8. To ensure cleaning of all areas of the home are to the highest standard.
9. Establish and maintain a rapport with individual residents and agree a convenient time to carry out inspections of their personal rooms.
10. To organise deep cleaning duties when required.
11. Ensure that all residents rooms are kept clean, neat and tidy and provide the relevant help and support where needed.
12. Ensure deliveries are checked against order forms and ensure that invoices are accurate, and to action any discrepancies immediately.
13. Ensure catering, cleaning and laundry supplies are stored safely and used effectively to minimise wastage.
14. Maintain a high standard of hygiene within the home and adhere to COSSH guidelines.
15. Maintain health and safety in the home by adhering to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including instructions in the Facilities Manual.
16. To cooperate with requests from the Project Manager and residents wherever possible.
17. To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
1. Experience of working in a supported housing or social care setting is preferred.
2. Comfortable working within a Christian environment and respectful of its beliefs.
3. Experience of working with adults with support needs.
4. Successful enhanced DBS disclosure is essential for this role.
5. The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
6. The ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. We look forward to receiving your CV. Interviews will take place on the 8th February 2021.