We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our team. You will directly impact upon the lives of homeless individuals as you facilitate our work. If you want to put your gifts and passion towards something truly meaningful, this is the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what’s at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
Strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
Continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
Increased meaningful activity of residents
Our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
1. To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to the project including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
2. To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the fabric of both accommodations for the benefit and safety of client and contractors
3. To assist with minor plumbing including unblocking sinks and drains etc.
4. To deal with minor repairs where necessary as instructed by the Housing Manager
1. Is competent at basic building repairs and maintenance.
2. Has use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment.
3. Has knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
4. Has literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
5. Is able to regularly handle/carry items.
To apply, please click this link to request your Application Pack. On completion of this form you will be sent the application form. Please email your completed form, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
The role demands a non-judgemental approach. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance and must be adhered to in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.