We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated staff to join our Accounts Team. Your work will be integral to the running of Green Pastures as you cast your eye for detail over our finances.
If you want to put your accounting proficiencies towards the goal of ending homelessness in the UK, this could be the role for you!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and we won’t stop until that goal is achieved. We have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners and more than 1100 people currently housed.
Every number points to what's at the heart of everything we do - people. We make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those we house. We want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus. What are we missing? You.
On our journey towards ending homelessness in the UK, we can’t wait:
To be housing 2,000 people by 2024
To reach 100 Christian partnerships by 2021
To see strengthened and continued growth of our partnerships
To see continued growth and transformation in our residents, through Christ
To facilitate increased meaningful activity of residents
To experience our Partners working as one body - sharing expertise and resources as one family
1. The thrill of being part of an exciting and growing organisation
2. The freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
3. The opportunity for professional development and training
4. The joy of working alongside a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
1. To undertake the role as purchase ledger clerk from purchase order through to instructing payment
2. To perform multiple daily bank account reconciliations including entering bank transactions into Sage Line 50
3. To reconcile petty cash balances on a weekly/monthly basis and enter details into Sage Line 50
4. To provide meaningful analysis of various financial activities as and when required (which will involve Microsoft Excel use).
5. Ensure all entries into software are posted both timely and correctly
6. General administrative tasks
7. This job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks may be added from time to time.
1. Is a good communicator
2. Has a strong work ethic
3. Has experience of using Sage Line 50 accounts software
4. Is familiar with Microsoft Office, Gmail Interface, Google Drive and Dropbox
5. Utilises strong Microsoft Excel skills
6. Utilises strong interpersonal skills that enable you to manage multiple relationships and contacts efficiently
7. Has excellent attention to detail
8. Has good problem solving skills
9. Has a professional attitude towards work
Skills & Abilities
Have a good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
PC Literate with the ability to use Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel, with a particular emphasis on Excel
Good literacy and numeracy skills
The ability to adhere to deadlines and deliver required information in a timely manner
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines
Attention to detail
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Experience and Knowledge
Experience of working with accounts
Experience of working within a Finance department
Understanding or previous experience working within the sector
Education and Training
A good basic level of education
AAT part-qualified or above
Flexible approach to workload and tasks dependent on departmental requirement at the time
Keen desire to learn and develop new skills
A good team ethic
To apply, please click here to request an application pack. On completion of the short form you will be sent an Application Form. Once you have completed the Application Form you can email this, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
Applicants will be expected to be punctual, considerate to others and liaise with relevant agencies when required. The successful candidate will attend office meetings throughout the year. You will receive a staff induction and clear guidance on the role.
Green Pastures is a Christian organisation and as such we conduct ourselves with a Christian ethos and values.